Gainesburg is a city in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Geissburg settled for agricultural purposes in 1765. After the B&O Railway station opened in 1872, it grew into a town. However, until the 1970s, the area was centered on the farming community. It is now famous as the location of the headquarters of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI IATA) is 45 minutes drive from Geissburg. It is also accessible via ICC bus 201.
The Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA IATA) is accessible from Geissberg via the metro rail for 35 minutes by car.
The Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD IATA), located about 40 minutes by car from Geissberg, takes considerable time to use public transportation.
- 1 Montgomery County Airport (IATA (GAI), 7940 Air Park Dr.+1 301 963-7100, +1877 435-9424 Private Equipment only.
MARC offers services to and from the Union Station in Washington, D.C., as well as to Rockville, Deutsche Town, Frederick and Harpers' Ferry via the Brunswick Line. The train schedule is relatively small during the day and on weekends, and is suitable for commuters. At the 5S Summit Abe there are two Gainesburg stations.
RideOn Bus operates between Gainesburg and other regions of Montgomery County, including Rockville, Beseda, Silver Spring and Wheaton.
From D.C. and south or west, through the capital Beltway (I-495), enter the 270 northern states. Exits at 8, 9, 10, and 11 lead to Geissburg.
Cars are most often used to walk through the streets. When traveling on the main route, RideOn bus, a local public bus, can be used.
- 1 Gaitherburg Community Museum, 9 South Summit Avenue, 301 258-6160, posted on [email protected]✉. Tu-Sa: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. B&O Railway Station complex in 1884.
- 1 Seneca Creek State Park, 11950 Clopper Rd, +1 301 924 2127. A 6,300 acre historic park has a hiking/mountain viking course, which can rent canoes and paddle boats, goes to fishing and picnics, or looks for deer and other games. The scene from the movie "Blair Witch Project" was shot within the park boundaries.
-  [Bowler Park Waterpark, 512S Frederick Abbe☏, +1 301 258-6445]. It features a water jug of 250 feet. Residents: $5.75; Non-resident: $10-16.
- 3 Agriculture Farm, 18400 Mancaster Rd, +1 301 948-5053.
festival and event
- 4 Montgomery County City☏+1 301 926-3100. June and July. The park features exhibits of Maryland's farms, livestock displays, vehicles and carnival attractions.
- 5 Gaithersburg Labor Day Parade, Downtown Gatherburg, Geisserburg City. September. Fire trucks, bands, ethnic dance groups, antique cars, giant balloons. There is a free parking lot in the Old Town garage at the corner of Old Town South Summit Avenue. Free.
- 6 Gaitherburg Book Festival, Gaithersburg City Hall, South Summit Ave.May. Over 100 authors across the country will be given book signings, writing workshops, cooking demonstrations, children's activities and food trucks.
- 1 Lakeforest Mall, 701 Russell Ave. H&M, Macy's, JC Penney, Bath & Body Works, etc.
- 2 Centered on Washington, Star-Blue, Washington, 9811. an outdoor shopping center with a restaurant Includes targets, Barnes & Noble, Dick's sporting goods, calls, and more. You can rent paddle boats in the lake during warm weather.
- [3 Wonderbook] 15976 Shady Grove Rd+1 301 977-9166. 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Mass sales of used books, DVDs, video games, CDs and old records.
- 4 Downtown Crown, Thumb Eye Highway At Field Road (I-270 (8 field Rd exit)),☏+1 301 657-0700. The lively, walkable town is a suburb of numerous restaurants, bars, shops and green spaces.
- Barking Mad Cafe, 239 Spectrum Ave, +1 240 297-6230. Open the kitchen.
- Buka di Beppo, Kentans Blvd ☏ 122, +1 301 947-7346. a family restaurant in Italy 92 locations across the country.
- Coastal Flat, 135 Crown Park Abbe☏, +1 301 869-8800. Steak, seafood, pasta.
- Copper Canyon Grill, 100 Board Walk☏ Park Pl, +1 240 631-0003. It is known for its rotisserie chicken.
- Neelz Bagels 12141 Dannestown Road 301 216-0070. Carry a nice handmade bagel and other wonderful stuff.
- New Fortune, 16515 South Frederick Ave (I-370 North, Walnut Hill Shopping Center), ☏+1 301 548-8886. At 11:00-1:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m., Dim Sum was shipped to 11AM-3PM every day. It is one of the best Chinese restaurants in the Washington region, and eats dimms with delicacies such as sea cucumber and abalone.
- OUTTA Zawaye Cafe ☏+1 301 963-6895. As its name suggests, it is off the town of Geissburg.
- Parador, 203 Crown Park ☏ Ave, +1 301 330-4400. a Latin food and rum bar
- Pho Nam, 15942 Shady Grove Rd, +1 240 632-9500. Mon - 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. a small Vietnamese restaurant with a good four less than $10.
- Red, Heat, Blue, 16811 Clubs Branch Way, 301 948-7333. Memphis Pitt Barbecue. 22 locations across the country.
- Saldi's 430 N Frederick Ave, ☏ 301 977-3222. a Peruvian chicken
- Ted's Montana Grill (105 Ellington Blvd), 301 330-0777. He is known for his bison.
- Thai Express Restran 351 Kentlands Blvd +1 301 337-6166. a Thai dish
- Tortacos, 9629 Lost Knife☏ Rd, +1 240 632-9423. Family-run Terrier.
- Basilis Mediterranean Grille, Main Center 353+1 240 977-1011. Greek food was made from zero.
- The Jiki Japanese Stakes House 10009 Fields Rd +1 301 330-3868. Hibachi-dai and Sushi
- Uraku Washoku 1973 Frederick Rd +1 301-515-7448. Excellent Sushi and Japanese Cuisine
- 1 Dogfish Head Air House 800 West Diamond Abe☏, 301 963-4847 The bar is popular with the fun people of many local biotechnology companies. The beer has a reputation for winning beer and it has a wide variety of menu items.
- 2iRock Karaoke Lounge, 15964 Shady Grove Rd, +1 301 355-6177. a personal karaoke room Beer, sake and Asian food.
- [3 Old Town Pour House] 212 Ellington Blvd , 301 963-6281 (Ellington Burbad) More than 90 Kraft Blos.
- 4 Peters Taco & Wine Bar, 216 Market St W, +1 301 888-1049. More than 90 Kraft Blos.
-  Hooker of the Shisababa's house, 8600 Zettz Abe☏, +1 301 820-8200.
-  Union Jack's English tavern, 9811 Washington☏ Blvd, +1 240 780-7139. Tamatsuki, darts, live performances.
- Green Graz, 227E. Diamond Age, +1 240 261-6196. A restaurant, workshop and whiskey bar in Old Town. Friday and Saturday night live music.
- Comfort Inn Shady Grove - Geissburgh - Rockville, 16216 N Frederick Rd, ☏ 301 330-0023.
- Courtyard Gathersburg Washingtonian Center 204 Boardwalk Place , 301 527-9000. 210 rooms
- Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gainesburg - South, 201 Professional Dollar, ☏+1 301 963-3539.
- Geissburgh Marriott Washington Star Center 9751 Washington Blvd +1 301 590-0044
- Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg 620 Perry Pkwy, 301 977-8900 (U.S.) Free shuttle service with a radius of 5 miles.
- Homewood Suites Geizersburg 805 Russell Ave, 301 670-0008 (+1)
- Hyatt House Gaithersburg 200 Skidmore Blvd, 301 527-6000. 90-400 dollars.
- Motel 6 Washington DC - Geissburgh 497 Quince Orchard Rd, +1 301 977-3311
- Residence Inn Geissburgh Washington Center 9721 Washington☏ Blvd +1 301 590-3003.
- SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg 9715 Washingtonian Blvd , 301 987-0900.
- TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg 212 Perry Pkwy , 301 590-2300 +1 301 590-2300.
- Tusculum Farm, 4601 Damascus Rd, Toll-Free:+1 833 733-2276, ✉[email protected]
- Towns in Germany
- Approximately 25 minutes south of Washington, D.C. Interstate 270.
|go through Geissburg|
|Frederick - Germany←||W E||→ Rockville → Washington D.C.|
|End Left||N S||→ Rockville → East End (Washington)|
|Martinsburg - Germany←||northeastern region SE||→ Rockville → Washington D.C.|